Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Books read during January

Well, my time's getting short to finish another book this month, so I'll post the books I've read during January. Two of the books, Terrier by Tamora Pierce and Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn will probably make my best of 2007 list, even though it's early in the year to say that.

I only read eleven books this month.

Terrier by Tamora Pierce - First in the Beka Cooper trilogy about the Dog (cop) in training in ancient Torvall.

Bento Box in the Heartland by Linda Furiya - Memoir of her Japanese girlhood in Versailles, IN in "Whitebread America."

Head Games by Thomas B. Cavanagh - Mike Garrity, an ex-cop with a brain tumor, looks for a runaway teen singer, and answers to his own life.

Digging for the Truth by Josh Bernstein - Two years of travel filming archaeological mysteries for the History Channel.

Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn - First mystery introducing Lady Julia Grey and inquiry agent Nicholas Brisbane as they look for her husband's murderer in 1886 London.

Behind Closed Doors by Natalie R. Collins - Jannie Fox ran from the Mormon Church, and when her best friend disappears, she fears her own secrets have led to her friend's death.

Suspicious Circumstances by Sandra Ruttan - A reporter & a cop are forced to work together to investigate a corrupt town.

The Land of Mango Sunsets by Dorothea Benton Frank - ARC of an April publication in which a bitter divorcee changes her ways after visiting her mother on Sullivan's Island.

Pimpernel Gold by Dorothy Baden-Powell - True story of the Norwegian race to smuggle gold out of the country before the Nazis could capture it.

Murder in Metropolis by Lonnie Cruse - Sheriff Joe Dalton investigates the murder of a town hero in Metropolis, IL.

The Book of Bunny Suicides by Andy Riley - Black humor in a sick collection of cartoons about rabbits committing suicide.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Our reading styles seem to be alike in quite a few ways! I wish I had read as many books as you did this month... but alas, I have not planned my time very well. Keep up the great reviews!

Lesa said...

Kristie - Glad we enjoy the same books. Quantity isn't everything, though. Did you enjoy the books you did read? That's what's important!

Kristie said...

I did enjoy most of them, I just wish I had more time to read!