Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Senator Barack Obama

Jim and I were willing to drive all the way to Austin, Texas to attend the Texas Book Fair to see Senator Barack Obama (and our friend, Ann, who lives in Austin).

But Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe is sponsoring Obama's appearance at the Orpheum Theater in Phoenix on Oct. 23. Tickets were just $35 apiece, and for that price we each get a copy of Obama's book, The Audacity of Hope, or 1 copy and a $26 gift certificate to Changing Hands. Senator Obama will speak, and then sign books while members of the Downtown Chamber Series play in the background. It should be a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

libraryann said...

Too bad for me, but I understand. I wasn't offering signed anythings....:)

Lesa said...

Ah, but Ann. Someday you'll be signing books to me from Dr. Ann. I have great faith in you.