Friday, April 15, 2005

I quit!

Well, Nancy Pearl gave me permission to quit reading The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman.(grin) I've been struggling through it, although it reads quickly. But, I've been trying to figure out who in the heck I could recommend this book to. It's the story of a woman who is hit by lightning and considers herself ice in relationship to other people until she finds a man who has been hit by lightning and is always hot. Here's what Nancy Pearl answered me.

With regard to The Ice Queen - I have to say that the book didn't pass
my 50
page rule - it was too repetitious, somehow. (I think her recent books
are
far weaker than the earlier ones.) I think her fans will still be
interested in it (as I was) but may be disappointed. I do think that
her
two major appears are character and language, although this has not
language
as a secondary appeal, but story (in my opinion). In any case, it was
a big
disappointment to me.

All best, Nancy



So, I'm quitting this book as of right now. I've already read my 100 pages worth.

1 comment:

libraryann said...

You could have asked me for permission but I pack less celebrity punch...as of now.:)