Wednesday, January 12, 2005

All-time favorite Books

One of the lists I'm on, ARM (Anal Retentive Mystery Readers), has been answering the question, what are your all-time favorite books. I don't have a top 10. I have a few that mean a lot to me for various reasons, and then the good books I've read recently. My short list here is the books that mean a lot, in no particular order.

1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
3. Love by Leo Buscaglia
4. A Thread of Blue Denim by Patricia Leimbach
5. Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan

I guess these are my top five.

2 comments:

Jimmers said...

I am Lesa's husband, known as Jimmers. Lesa and I met when she was Library Director at Huron, Ohio. We have been happily married readers for 21 years!!
Lesa sugguested the book at the top of my list & it was the best book I ever read. The rest of my list is in no particular order, however are some of the best books I have ever read!

1. Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less...Jeffry Archer
2. King Con...Stephen Cannell
3 Field of Dreams...Kunsella
4. A Brief History of Time: From The Big Bang To Black
Holes..Hawking
5. The Little Prince...St. Exuperay
6. Living, Loving, and Learning...Buscaglia
7. The Prophet... Kahil Gibram
8. Illusions Adventures of A Reluctant
Messiah...Richard Bach
9. The Veleteen Rabbit....Margery Williams
10. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People...Stephen
Covey

libraryann said...

You would think as a Children's Librarian that I would have more titles in the Juvenile collection.
I am sure that as soon as I hit the submit button, I will think of 5 more titles I should add to this list but here are my top titles. Calvino's is my alltime favorite because it changes with me and gives me a good read no matter where i am in my life....

If on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino
Silverlock by John Myers Myers
Stiff The curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Time stops for no mouse by Michael Hoeye
Inferno by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
Mr. Was by Pete Hautman